Dosecast is available in two editions: the Free edition, and the Pro edition with CloudSync.
Features in the Free Edition
The Free edition includes the following features:
- Reliably sends dose reminders with or without an internet connection.
- Tracks the time zone you are in and adjusts reminders accordingly, so you get notified at the right time no matter where you are.
- Optionally schedules backup reminders for a configurable period later (e.g. 5 minutes) in case the original reminder isn’t noticed.
- Schedules doses on a daily/weekly/monthly schedule, every few days or weeks, or after a pre-set number of hours or days since the last dose.
- Tracks the maximum number of doses allowed per day or per 24 hours.
- Enables doses to be logged later (in case you forgot your device at the time the dose was due).
- Enables doses to be skipped before or after their scheduled time.
- Tracks the drug name, dosage information, and directions, which are displayed in the reminders for each dose.
- Tracks notes for each drug, such as what the drug is for and what side effects to watch out for.
- Enables reminders to be postponed by a custom duration before or after they appear.
- Multiple overdue doses may be postponed as a group or individually.
- Tracks start and end of bedtime and start and end of each treatment so there are no unwanted alarms.
- Notifications may be switched off or drugs archived during pauses in the treatment.
- No personally identifiable information is collected.
- All drug information is encrypted when in transit, making the app safe when used from a public access point.
Features in the Pro Edition with CloudSync
In addition to the features above, the Pro edition with CloudSync also includes the following features:
- The Dosecast CloudSync service automatically keeps all your drug data up-to-date across an unlimited number of Apple, Android, and Amazon devices and enables dose reminders to be delivered to all devices simultaneously – even across platforms.
- Tracks drugs taken via injections, inhalers, drops, nasal sprays, ointments, patches, and liquid doses.
- Tracks custom drug types.
- Logs the date and time of doses you take, skip, or postpone.
- Tracks late and missed doses.
- History can be viewed or emailed at any time.
- Tracks the remaining quantity of each drug you enter and delivers a refill alert when running low.
- Tracks the number of refills remaining and alerts you when no refills left.
- Enables each drug to be linked to the name of a family member.
- Displays drugs sorted by person, time of next dose, drug name, or drug type.
- Links a doctor or pharmacy record in your contacts to each drug.
- Tracks the prescription number for each drug.
- Enables the doctor or pharmacy to be called or emailed with a single tap from a drug record.
- Includes drug database for searching and pre-populating the drug name, type, amount, strength, and route.
- Includes multiple available formulations of each drug.
Note: currently available in the US only.
- Captures and displays a photo of each drug in order to identify it more easily.
- Existing photos in the photo library may be reused.