Empower members to improve their health through better medication adherence – while serving providers and reducing healthcare costs. Now that’s a win-win.
Download our Dosecast Mobile, Digital Care Management platform brochure to learn more: Dosecast Mobile, Digital Care Management
Dosecast is a medication management app for Apple, Android, and Amazon devices that tracks and improves medication adherence. Dosecast empowers members to manage their diseases more effectively, improving their productivity. It aggregates, delivers, and reports on actionable adherence intelligence to providers and health plans. By improving member medication adherence and delivering valuable insights, Dosecast helps health plans manage healthcare costs and improve member health.
With Dosecast, members:
- Enter information about each medication they take, such as the name, dosage, and how and when they take it. Medication regimens can also be pre-populated automatically by external systems.
- Set up reminders on a fixed schedule, at intervals, or as needed.
- Adapt the dose schedule to their changing day, taking a dose early or postponing it as long as needed.
- Track remaining quantities, receive refill reminders, and log adherence.
- Members also provide self-report health status and objective health measures.
Empower members to manage their medication adherence
Members, especially those with chronic conditions, often struggle to adhere to complex medication regimens. Studies have shown that medication non-adherence for chronically ill patients is 50% or higher1, resulting in about $310 billion annually in additional healthcare cost in the US2. Tools to help members manage their diseases play an important role in keeping them healthy, empowering them to take ownership of their diseases and maintain healthy behaviors.
With Dosecast, members track and adhere to the most complex medication regimen on their smartphone or tablet with just a few taps, wherever they are. Built on success in consumer applications, our enterprise solutions are built around the patient-user to increase engagement and promote self-management of disease while providing care management programs with real-time, actionable data to proactively manage chronic disease.
Act on accurate and real-time care management intelligence quickly
Waiting months to receive inferred adherence data from prescription claims leads to a missed opportunity to target at-risk members and take early action to help members maintain their health.
As medications are entered into Dosecast, and reminders are sent, a central cloud provides accurate and real-time intelligence on medication usage and adherence across the entire base of members, identifying those at risk for non-adherence. Empowered with this information, providers and health plans can take prompt action to promote adherence before costly health impacts surface. Our unique data set combines real-time medication adherence information and unique health status indicators for risk stratification and proactive management of members.
With Dosecast, members always have their complete medication history on their mobile devices, enabling clinicians to coordinate care by viewing the medication list and adherence record at a glance to take action.
Reduce healthcare costs from enhanced care management, coordination, and insights
Dosecast helps prevent costly emergency room visits, hospitalizations, physician visits, and follow-up prescriptions that often result from poor medication adherence and care coordination.
In addition, Dosecast’s medication usage and adherence intelligence can identify members at risk from non-adherence for targeted follow-up educational campaigns or pharmacist programs. This intelligence also delivers valuable insights on adherence for particular medications, helping you determine more effective formularies.
Use Dosecast Care Management Solutions to Improve Key Metrics
- Improve Member Engagement using built-in telehealth tools and mobile applications.
- Reduce ED, Inpatient, and Specialist Utilization by helping members remain adherent to treatment plans.
- Increase HEDIS and STAR metrics through real-time intelligence and engagement.
- Empower members to self-manage their care with wrap-around support from Dosecast, families, and healthcare providers.
What makes our solution unique
Dosecast is unique in 4 ways:
- It provides real-time, accurate visibility into adherence and patient health status.
Dosecast’s central server collects and aggregates data on member behavior, providing real-time visibility into adherence and remaining quantities.
- It integrates with your existing apps & systems.
Dosecast’s adherence functionality can be bolted-on to an existing app, enable login using member website credentials, or extract adherence reports.
- Consumers love it and use it widely.
The Dosecast app has been installed on over 500,000 devices, with an installed base growing at 20,000 devices a month. It consistently earns 5-star reviews in the App Store.
- It is cost-effective and easy to distribute.
Dosecast is a low-cost solution and it can be easily distributed to members at no cost to the members themselves.
- The Dosecast Care Management Solution provides real-time dashboards to enhance your care management programs.
For more information on how Dosecast can help you reduce the impact of poor medication adherence among your member base, contact us. To read more about Dosecast’s features for members, click here.
|1 Source: Eularis, 2010
2 Source: New England Healthcare Institute, 2009